This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sycofMORE 1 month ago.

• Author
     Patric

Contributor

This set gives us several reprints from Ultra Prism with changed types, some of which actually make them more useful this time. I will mention the one
    [See the full post at: Forbidden Light Set Review]

• #15213 Score: -1
     Alex

Contributor

I think you were a little bit too hard on the Yveltal GX. Sure it isn’t the best GX we’ve had, but it has potential in combination with a kukui and choice band, since it heals off the amount of damage you do for just one energy cost. Plus its GX attack can knock out any Pokémon with 40 damage counters on them. I imagine playing a one-off of this card in a Zoroark GX deck just for that guarenteed knockdown.

Want to create a cool HTML forum signature like this? Go to your Profile and click on "Edit"! 🙂

• #15258 Score: 1
       Patric

Contributor

The 40 damage thing is more or less random and thus, cannot be trusted in. Strike 1
      The first attack is decent if helped by items and supporters, and almost useless on its own. A GX that needs a bunch of help to be decent isnt worth it. Strike 2
      Evil Sonic is weak for a 3 energy attack and can not deal weakness damage, but is still affected by abilities and effects. With a choice band it can 2-shot Pokemon GX, but it again needs an item to do so. Else it just lacks the numbers. Strike 3

• #15217 Score: -1
     Kirstin22

Champion

I literaly only like the Lady Full art card… the rest of the set is just… meh 🙁

• #15259 Score: 0
       Patric

Contributor

I have to admit, Lady FA is my second favorite card of the set, if only because of the art. My first one being Ultra Necrozma GX because of the synergy with my favorite Pokemon. This set was really underwhelming, even though it contains 2 new staples.

• #15289 Score: 1
     StanBrown344

Captain

Why you rate the set 6.5 but pretty much all GX cards 8 or 9? That doesn’t make sense.

• #15364 Score: 0
       Patric

Contributor

If you read only the numbers, it might seem that way. But the conclusion might tell you why the total rating is so low, compared to the individual ratings of the reviewed cards. But to make it simple, just for you: The deck lacks anything outstanding except for 2 cards, the majority of cards in the set is trash and the few interesting or good ones you will find among the ones I reviewed here.

• #15342 Score: 2
     King dedede

Respected Trainer

Once I read the lysandre star review, I thought this guy doesn’t play expanded format.

• #15365 Score: 0
       Patric

Contributor

I do admit, i have mostly the Standard format in mind when reviewing new sets. However, as far as i know most of my points still stand in expanded, as the timing of the card appearing in your hand and the card barely being able to remove anything of interest the opposing player can not recover from right away. VS Seeker is a thing, yes. But either there will be more useful supporters in the discard pile than Lysandre can remove or the player still has enough of them to get back on track right away.
      However, i may be mistaken here, since Expanded is not my main focus. If I am, please tell me how so.

• #15366 Score: 1
         King dedede

Respected Trainer

Well, Night march and Volcanion
        exist, right?

• #15367 Score: 1
         Patric

Contributor

Yes, I see now. Still very situational, but more useful than in most other cases. A well placed Lysandre Prism Star can win you the game against Night March, and that is something i did not think of. Probably purposefully pushed Nightmarch out of my memory xD So you do have a point.

• #16419 Score: 0
     MagicKARP

Ranger

This set is garbage

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SHIPPING INFO

CONDITION INFO

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

© Pokéspot 2018  

Pokemon, The Pokemon TCG, and The Pokemon TCG Online and its trademarks are ©1995-2017 Nintendo, The Pokémon Company International, Inc, and GAMEFREAK. All rights reserved. Pokéspot is not affiliated with Nintendo, The Pokémon Company International, Inc, or GAMEFREAK.

We LIVE Bro!
Not Streaming
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account